Amy’s tagged me a couple times and part of the tag is that you have to tag others, but usually by the time I get tagged, the only people I know who I’d dare tag have already been tagged – Amy, Christine and Wylie.
Anyway, I’ll do it for you Amy.
1. I wrote on Sunday about my ‘how we met and married’ story but didn’t mention that I nearly dumped him when I discovered Gizmo Guy shared the same birthday with my Dad. Talk about a Yikes moment.
2. I’m not a big fan of chocolate. Shocking to most women, I know, but there you are.
3. I have no fear of talking to strangers or large crowds as long as I don’t know them. I’ve won public speaking contests. But put me in front of a group of people I know and I freeze. Weird, huh? (Which makes no sense when you see item #7)
4. I am Marge Simpson. Minus the blue hair. My sister works for the DMV – just like Patty and Selma. My father used to be an airline steward (just like Marge’s). I hate to fly — see point 5. And numerous other points I can’t remember right now, but the similarities are frightening. (No, I don’t see Gizmo Guy as Homer, nor our eldest son as Bart)
5. I’m terrified of flying. Comes from growing up with a father who used tell all these stories about flying on planes with engines on fire, and crashes he’d been in, and crashes of planes he was supposed to be in where the guy who had taken his place got cut in half. The day before I was to fly to London back in 2000 Dad took particular joy in telling me about a Qantas plane that had lost its engine on take off in Italy – “it’s exactly the type of plane you’re flying tomorrow” Gee, thanks Dad.
6. I love music, I love listening to it, but I can’t play worth a damn. I’ve taken piano lessons, flute lessons and six years of violin, and I still can’t play anything. I sang in a choir for years, but I can’t sing. My poor choirmates. And I REALLY REALLY want to have some sort of musical gift – but it doesn’t help that I can’t hear if I’m playing sharp or flat or a ring tone – must be something wrong with my ears.
7. I screen my phone calls – I use caller ID and must know the caller before I pick up the handset. It’s hard to explain to people who visit when the phone is ringing and I won’t pick up. But I hate having to answer a phone to someone I don’t know. Blame telemarketers if you want.
8. I love reading historical romances but am not a fan of Jane Austen. Or Georgette Hayer. I can’t abide Wuthering Heights or most of what most historical fans consider the classics romances.