Thanks to Guitar Hero for pointing this PDF out to me. It’s a real document, and can be downloaded from www.motorcyclecourse.com … look at the bottom left … it’s the doc called “Driving Tips from a 1962 Honda Publication.”
It’s just too funny not to share. I LOVE that first sentence in point #5. Good advice to always watch out for the ‘skid demon‘. (I think I may have the title to a new paranormal.)
1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him by or otherwise disrespect him.
2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootel him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning Hi, Hi.
3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go smoothingly by.
4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.
5. Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon. Press the brake foot as you roll around the corners, and save the collapse and tie up.