Starting tomorrow, over 30 authors will be helping me celebrate my upcoming birthday by guest blogging during my Birthday Bash. There are going to be LOTS of giveaways.
Contest 1 — Daily Draws:
Most of my guests will be holding their own contests on their posts, giving away copies of their books. Leave a comment on the day of their post and you’ll have a chance to win a copy of one of their books. You’ll have up until 7 a.m. the next morning to comment on their blog for a chance to win. Then I’ll post that the entries will be closed and a winner chosen and announced. (Not all participants will be holding a contest, but most have graciously offered up one of their books. But there will be a few days where there won’t be a daily draw.)
Contest 2 — Weekly Draws:
Regardless of who is blogging, or who wins that day’s draw, everyone who comments throughout the week will be added to my own weekly draw. But it doesn’t stop there. If you comment on five different posts that week, you’ll have 5 chances at the weekly prize. Names will be collected from Friday’s blogs through the following Thursday’s post, a winner chosen, and then the slate will be wiped clean. So you have to come back each week to qualify for that week’s draw. (is that clear as mud?) Draws will be on each Friday of July – so July 3, 10, 17, 24 and the final draw will be on the 31st.
Contest 3 – Grand Prize Draw:
Commenters names from each day as well as participants in the Spreadin’ the Love draw will be added to the Grand Prize draw I’ll be doing on July 31st. So if you’ve commented 10 times since the start of the Bash, your name will be entered for 10 chances to win. Grand prize will be winner’s choice of a 5 print or ebooks from any of the books my guest bloggers’ have blogged about.
Contest 4 – Spreadin’ the Love Draw:
Want even more ways to win? Blog about my Birthday Bash, post it on one of your social networks such as Facebook or Myspace (send me the link please so I can see it), or if you’re on Twitter, retweet my tweets about it as I post them (follow @leahbraemel) – please make sure to use @LeahBraemel to be counted – I tried using the Hashtag, but it doesn’t always get picked up on my Tweetdeck search. Your name will be added to yet another draw I’m holding for winner’s choice of ebook from Samhain Publishing. And to make it even easier, there’s a widget on my sidebar you can use. Just click on the little “Get Widget” tab at the bottom of it and copy the code to your blog, MySpace or webpage. (Posts/retweets done today–June 25th–will be counted.)
Contest 5 – Inner Circle Draw:
As a special thanks, I’m going to be awarding winner’s choice of guest bloggers’ book (print or ecopy) to one of my newsletter subscribers. So if you’re not a member of my newsletter, join up for yet another chance to win a free book. You can sign up on the sidebar or over on my website, but you must sign up before 12:01 AM EST July 31st. (You don’t have to wait til tomorrow to sign up, it’s anyone on the list as long as they join before July 31st.)
Here’s the fine print (come on, you knew there had to be some rules):
- Multiple comments on a blogpost in one day will count as one entry
- Multiple tweets in one day will count as one entry
- you must comment on the day of the author’s post for the entry to be valid. As I said above, each morning I will be posting a comment on the previous day‘s blog, indicating that all entries are now received, and a winner will be chosen from those names (which will give you a couple hours extra to slide in under the wire.) I will leave comments open if you’ve missed your favorite author and just want to say hi but comments posted after I’ve closed off that day’s contest won’t count as a valid entry. In other words, you cannot go back and post 30 comments at the end of the month and expect to be entered 30 times.
- To be eligible for the weekly draw, you have to have commented on a blog that particular week. A new weekly list will be started each Friday morning and end the following Thursday at midnight.
- Contest closes at 12:01 a.m. EST July 31st. Any comments/tweets/etc posted after that time will not get you extra entries.
I will be posting the winners on the blog the following day, but if I don’t have an email address for you, and/or you don’t contact me within 30 days of the draw, the prize will be withdrawn. So keep coming back to check to see if you’re a winner.
If you have any questions or clarifications, PLEASE don’t hesitate to ask.
Now we’ve got all that pesky stuff out of the way, here’s another peek at the lovely, generous, and extremely talented authors who are helping me celebrate my birthday:
- Ann Aguirre
- Vivi Andrews
- Vivi Anna
- Vivian Arend
- Morgan Ashbury
- Maya Banks
- Meg Benjamin
- Jaci Burton
- Kimber Chin
- JK Coi
- Karen Dales
- Kate Davies
- Susan Helene Gottfried
- Rob Graham Yes, our sole male representative!
- Candace Havens
- Loribelle Hunt
- Lorelei James
- Kelly Jamieson
- Missy Jane
- Skylar Kade
- Inez Kelley
- Beth Kery
- Brooke London
- Jane Lovering
- Robie Madison
- Kelly Maher
- Shelley Munro
- Barbara Meyers
- Kate Pearce
- Amy Ruttan
- Kissa Starling
- Shelli Stevens
- Beth Williamson
First up tomorrow will be the prodigious (and prestigious) Jaci Burton!