Do you like Harlequin books? Harlequin’s British counterpart, Mills and Boon, is celebrating their first anniversary of their eBook Programme by giving away ten ebooks. Go here to see the list to choose from, then download one (or all of them) for free. They are available in epub which means they can be read on your computer using Adobe Digital Editions, or if you have an iPhone with the Stanza app you can download it onto your phone. I used Calibre to transfer them over to my Sony Reader. Or if you use a Mobipocket reader device like a Blackberry or a PDA, you can read them on it.

Want some Free eBooks?
Tagged on:

9 thoughts on “Want some Free eBooks?

• September 10, 2009 at 3:42 am

Free books! Such a great way to start the day! Thanks for the info!

Amy M

• September 10, 2009 at 4:15 am

thanks Leah for the link.Who doesn't love free books.
    I've been recently thinking about buying an reader..I just have to figure out which one I like best.How do you like your Sony Reader?

• September 10, 2009 at 4:23 am

I can't get them to open πŸ™

• September 10, 2009 at 4:46 am

Elaine, I sent you an email, but for others – to open them on your desktop, it'll try to use Adobe Digital Editions. Harlequin uses it as it is tougher for pirates to crack. (so they think. Ha!)

If you don't have ADE loaded, you can download it right there on that site. (Personally I always save to file, as opposed to opening directly when downloading.)

If you want more information on epub format, you can go here: http://www.jedisaber.com/eBooks/Readers.asp

They say this:

"For Windows: Digital Editions for it's management functions and excellent ePub format support.
    OS X and/or iPhone/iPod Touch: Stanza is the winner, hands down.
    Linux: Calibre "

You can also download Mobipocket onto your computer and use it to read your epub format books.

And now Elaine's given me an idea for a future blog post…

• September 10, 2009 at 4:52 am

Ah, Elaine just emailed me. She had to download Digital Editions BEFORE she started the download. Problem solved.

• September 10, 2009 at 4:54 am

yep finally got it
    thanks Leah

• September 10, 2009 at 5:28 am

Very cool!! Thanks! πŸ™‚

• September 10, 2009 at 8:08 am

Good to know, thanks Leah! Don't know any of those books/authors. Does anyone else? Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    ~bella

• September 10, 2009 at 12:24 pm

I downloaded them a few days ago but forgot that their pdf version is the DE version. Luckily, they have finally got the new DE working on Leopard.

Comments are closed.