I’ve been going around with a swelled head this afternoon after reading Angela James‘ comments about me over on Marcia James’ latest James Gang post. Seriously, everyone here was subjected to another Price is Right bounce. (Believe me, it’s not a pretty sight when I bounce.)

I guess I bounced too hard because we went down in the basement to where we keep our freezer to find fixings for dinner, GG and I stepped onto a carpet that squished beneath our feet. Oh oh.

Our hot water heater … cracked a lining, split a seam … did something, but the basement’s now flooded.

So on tomorrow’s schedule is lifting the soaked carpet, cleaning the path so the repair people can get to the hot water heater which is wedged between the furnace and a concrete slab. The only way they’re going to be able to get to it is if we tear down a wall, which is of course at the bottom of the stairs. It’s gonna be ugly, folks. Butt ugly. And so’s my mood.

What’s that saying about pride going before a fall?

Someone means to keep me humble
Tagged on:

7 thoughts on “Someone means to keep me humble

• January 7, 2009 at 7:52 pm

What a Wonderful comment by Angela about you!!!

I knew it all along. 🙂 Big Smiles.

Sorry about the water heater. Ours busted when we moved in, next day in fact. However, ours is in the attic and decided to leak right on top of a light fixture in my kitchen. It’s always something to bring us back into reality.

• January 7, 2009 at 8:46 pm

..um.. didn’t you just replace all that carpet recently? 🙁

and – yes!! LOL about the bounces. I did one for you down here too. 🙂

• January 7, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Great comment action, Leah! Not so great hot water heater action though. 🙁

• January 8, 2009 at 3:56 am

Oh I hate that squishy feeling! You ALWAYS know it won’t turn out right without a lot of work! I just visited your website and may I just say “IT ROCKED?” Great job! Have a wonderful 2009!

• January 8, 2009 at 7:01 am

That’s a fantastic comment!! WOOT!!

• January 8, 2009 at 6:14 pm

“…she’ll be one to watch…”
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• January 8, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Dani – water and electricity mixing? Yikes!

Sue – yes, we put down a new one about 8 months ago, but luckily enough the water hasn’t touched it.

Bonnie, Amy and Wylie – WOOTS and SQUEEING all around here too (gently bouncing so I don’t break anything else)

Lastnerve – Welcome! And thanks for visiting my website. Rae did a beautiful job with it. And yes, that squishy feeling is nasty, isn’t it?

Comments are closed.