I saw this over on Blue Monkey’s Facebook Wall and have been intrigued by it ever since.
- Pick 25 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
- Post them for everyone to guess.
- Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- Commenters: NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1. Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I’m not gonna know what it is!
Nimble little minx, isn’t she? Ghostbuster – Amy
Certainty of death, *small* chance of success… What are we waiting for? Lord of the Rings – Return of the King, Sue
You think I’m hostile now, wait ’til you see me tonight. My Cousin Vinny – Dani
I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. Notting Hill – Amy
You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Toy Story – Amy
Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I’d piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour. Christmas Vacation – Amy
I’m calling the organization of the United Brotherhood of It’s None of Your Damn Business, Lewis. The American President – Bonnie
Milking a yak isn’t exactly a picnic; but once you pick the hairs out, it’s very nutritious. Monsters Inc. – Amy
She’s been plucked since I saw her last, and not by you… it takes a woman to know it. Shakespeare in Love – Wylie
She needs to sort out her priorities! Harry Potter & the Philosopher’s/Sorceror’s Stone – Dani
No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you. Last of the Mohicans – Amy
The women of this country learned long ago, those without swords can still die upon them. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers – Sue
Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister. Die Hard – Bonnie
15. Are you going to bring me that martini, or do I have to suck it out of the glass from here?
I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the “F-dash-dash-dash” word! Christmas Story – Amy
17. In a few minutes I would be free or dead…or Rodolfo Lasparri of Palermo, Sicily!
I mean, my TV Guide interview was six paragraphs about my BOOBS and how they fit into my suit. Galaxy Quest – Amy
Remember to use a condom, or in your case, a Hefty bag. 50 First Dates – Amy
The Godfather answers all of life’s questions. What should I pack for my summer vacation? “Leave the gun, take the cannoli.” You’ve Got Mail – Dani
21. And, fortunately, when there aren’t any cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a loving embrace, or an offer of comfort, not to mention hospital gurneys and nose plugs, an uneaten Danish, soft-spoken secrets, and Fender Stratocasters, and maybe the occasional piece of fiction.
I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel. Elf — Bonnie
23. It is no more crazy than a dog finding a rainbow.
I went from being all alone to being a fiancee, a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister and a friend. While You Were Sleeping – Dani
25. The question isn’t “what are we going to do,” the question is “what aren’t we going to do?”
Now, leave a comment and tell me what quote comes from which movie. (No, you don’t have to guess all 25, you can just pick out the ones you know.)