If you notice the time this is posted and you think “Hey, she must have written this the day before,” nope. I really am up at 3:30 AM. Curly had to be up at his school for 0215 as the band members gathered for their trip to Florida. That’s right, 2 A.M. on a Friday the 13th.
It was frickin’ cold out there today waiting for the teacher to open up the school so some of the kids could get their instruments, and then we had to wait for the bus to arrive, load up and leave. But now Curly is headed into Toronto’s Pearson Airport and from there to Disneyworld. (It’s rather silly that you’re supposed to be there two to three hours ahead of your flight to clear customs, but the airport doesn’t open until a half hour before your flight. Sort of one of your classic “Hurry up and Wait” moments.)
So if you happen to be visiting Disneyworld in the next few days and you pass by a band playing in one of the various venues on Main Street or the MGM studios lot, it may be Curly and his school band serenading you.
(The pictures show what Curly looked like the last time he visited Disneyworld. He’s the littlest one. I love the picture of him in that Simba hat. I told him if he could find one to buy another one. Although I still have that one tucked in a box under my bed, but it’s well worn and well loved.)
Anyway, the cold completely woke me up so I’ve spent the last hour working on my edits for Personal Protection. I FINALLY figured out an ending that should answer Angela’s concerns. Now I have to add one more scene and then I should be done. Until the next level of edits, anyway.
Don’t forget to check out the Samhellion Valentine’s Swag hunt which goes until the 15th. As I posted yesterday, there’s a chance to win one of 12 Samhain eBooks. Also, don’t forget to check out my blog over on the Samhain main blog site tomorrow morning and see how many romantic movie quotes you recognize.
Now for Wednesday’s movie meme answers …and I have to say you guys did really good, but Amy’s the winner for movie quote trivia.
1. Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I’m not gonna know what it is! = Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle
15. Are you going to bring me that martini, or do I have to suck it out of the glass from here? = Joanne Whalley in The Man Who Knew Too Little
17. In a few minutes I would be free or dead…or Rodolfo Lasparri of Palermo, Sicily! = Matthew Broderick in The Freshman (which was filmed in Toronto, by the way)
21. And, fortunately, when there aren’t any cookies, we can still find reassurance in a familiar hand on our skin, or a kind and loving gesture, or subtle encouragement, or a loving embrace, or an offer of comfort, not to mention hospital gurneys and nose plugs, an uneaten Danish, soft-spoken secrets, and Fender Stratocasters, and maybe the occasional piece of fiction. = Emma Thompson in Stranger Than Fiction
23. It is no more crazy than a dog finding a rainbow. = Liev Schrieber explaining how he found a way to time travel in Kate and Leopold
25. The question isn’t “what are we going to do,” the question is “what aren’t we going to do?” = Matthew Broderick from Ferris Bueller
Are you kicking yourself yet?